Vacancy: PLC programmer/Control Systems Engineer
The Waste Transformers is a young company on a mission to create a flourishing business, that inspires others to change the way that they deal with waste and to establish a business model able to balance financial, social and environmental returns. Today, the Waste Transformers are the recognised partner of choice for those with the ambition and courage to realize real, circular economies around waste. We place small scale installations on-site that power your green future.
Who we are:
We are bright, ambitious and are not afraid to shake things up. We partner with the best connected, using our own proven technology, and other best-in-class technologies, to nudge the world towards a better, greener, brighter future.
- Safety comes first for yourself and others for all activities.
- Making and managing control/electrical system changes as requested by safety, operation, R&D, environmental, or other departments and engineers, for process modifications, improvements, production trials etc., will include programming and hardware changes.
- Commission and/or tuning of new designs, onsite or remotely (with onsite staff).
- Managing and/or supporting capital and plant projects for new or existing equipment including getting bids, hiring and managing contractor personnel and engineering firms, quoting, selecting, and purchasing electrical and process equipment and controls, programing for new systems, equipment commissioning and start up. Projects will include travel.
- Data collection, monitoring, reporting and advising on performance, quality, productivity and safety improvements.
- As with all professional teams, you will be expected to use your skills and have input on up and coming projects, assist with project management and feasibility studies.
Typical skills include design, configuration, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the following:
- ATEX zones and equipment.
- Systematic and effective troubleshooting ability.
- PLCs with local and remote I/O, Siemens.
- HMI and SCADA.
- Safety systems for plant equipment (Includes Safety-Rated Relays, PLCs, Sensors, Switches, etc)
- Process control systems, including a wide variety of instrumentation and control valves.
- Pneumatic control systems.
- Gas control systems.
- Work to local regulations in multiple geographical locations.
- Electrical schematics; create, review and amend.
We are looking for someone with a can-do, hands-on mentality interested in growing the business with us.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Process Engineering (preferred) or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Some experience in a continuous operating (24/7) environment with in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience with PLC’s, remote access/operation.
- Experience in anaerobic digestion or other renewable energies would be a distinct advantage.
Are you ready to be challenged and to work in an international team?
Send us your application as soon as possible. To find out more, contact Lara van Druten. firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you.