Vacancy: Mechanical Engineer
The Waste Transformers is on a mission to revolutionize how the world deals with organic waste in a way that is smart, entrepreneurial and green. We deliver small scale distributed waste to value solutions (anaerobic digesters), housed in 20 ft shipping containers, that convert organic waste to electricity, heat and a high-value organic fertilizer, on-site. To support our growth strategy and to strengthen our technical team we have a vacancy for a Mechanical Engineer.
Who we are:
We are bright, ambitious and are not afraid to shake things up. We partner with the best connected, using our own proven technology, and other best-in-class technologies, to nudge the world towards a better, greener, brighter future.
The Waste Transformers are looking for a motivated hands-on technician with a mechanical or mechatronics background, and with a proven interest in electrical engineering and process automation. In this position, you will be part of the engineering activities, but also the installation, commissioning, and maintenance of projects in the Netherlands and abroad. You will also be supporting the operations of the installed biogas systems.
- Partial 3D design work of installations
- 2D drafting of production drawings of installations and modifications
- Inspection of work of sub-suppliers
- Participate in the installation and commissioning of new projects
- Participate in the inspection and maintenance of installed installations
- Repairs and modifications on installed installations
- Operational support to customers and/or local technical partners (online and on-site)
- Compliance with company and site-specific Health & Safety policies
- HBO or MBO level 4 in mechanical or mechatronics engineering degree
- MBO level 4 applicants should have minimum 2-3 years of proven experience as a technician
- Strong willingness to keep learning on topics such as Biogas and PLC’s
- Experience with 3D CAD systems like Solid Edge or Solid Works
- Proficient in computer skills and the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in producing production drawings of mechanical components and structures
- Proficient in English language in speech and writing
- A team player with an autonomous work practice
- Experience with cross-cultural teams
- Willingness to travel to project locations outside the Netherlands (including developing countries)
- Excellent communicator: able to understand instructions and communicate effectively
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Able to analyse problems and strategize effective solutions
- Flexible and able to multitask on several different aspects of a project or on multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- A valid driver license (B or BE) for a car or a small van
- Be able to work and live in the Netherlands.
We are looking for someone with a can-do, hands-on mentality interested in growing the business with us.
At The Waste Transformers, our goal is to become a global brand with a diverse team driven by the desire to create positive impact. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on any non-job-related factors. We value diversity and are committed to building a team and an inclusive culture that represents a wide perspective of experiences, skills, backgrounds, and expertise.
Are you ready to be challenged and to work in an international team?
Send us your English application with CV and motivation letter as soon as possible to Maarten Sudmeier firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you.