Vacancy: Biogas Process Engineer (Closed)
The Waste Transformers is on a mission to revolutionize how the world deals with organic waste in a way that is smart, entrepreneurial and green. We deliver small scale distributed waste to value solutions (anaerobic digesters), housed in 20 ft shipping containers, that convert organic waste to electricity, heat and a high-value organic fertilizer, on-site. To support our growth strategy and to strengthen our technical team we have a vacancy for a Biogas Process Engineer.
Who we are:
We are bright, ambitious and are not afraid to shake things up. We partner with the best connected, using our own proven technology, and other best-in-class technologies, to nudge the world towards a better, greener, brighter future.
The Waste Transformers are looking for a motivated experienced biochemical engineer with a strong background in biogas production. In this position, you will be part of the technical team and will be involved in the commissioning, maintenance, and the operational support of projects in the Netherlands and abroad.
- Analysing the potential of new projects
- Optimization and performance improvement of existing installation
- Developing new biogas and nitrification technologies
- Coordination of analytic partners for new and existing projects
- Participate in commissioning and start-up of new projects
- Participate in inspection and maintenance of installed installations
- Repairs and modifications on installed installations
- Operational support to customers and/or local technical partners (online and on-site)
- Compliance with company and site-specific Health & Safety policies
- University (or applied college) degree in biochemical engineering
- Proven experience in anaerobic digestion and nitrification systems
- Proven experience in analysis techniques and successful interventions for biogas production
- Strong interest in technical aspects of the systems and willingness to keep learning
- Ability to interpret and create P&ID schema’s
- Experience with project and programme management
- Proficient in computer skills and the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in English language in speech and writing (third language is an advantage)
- A team player with an autonomous work practice
- Experience with cross-cultural teams
- Willingness to travel to project locations outside the Netherlands (including developing countries)
- Excellent communicator: able to understand instructions and communicate effectively
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Able to analyse problems and strategize effective solutions
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to achieve project targets, whilst remaining flexible
- Excellent attention to detail
At The Waste Transformers, our goal is to become a global brand with a diverse team driven by the desire to create a positive impact. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on any non-job-related factors. We value diversity and are committed to building a team and an inclusive culture that represents a wide perspective of experiences, skills, backgrounds, and expertise.
We are looking for someone with a can-do, hands-on mentality interested in growing the business with us.
Are you ready to be challenged and to work in an international team?
Send us your application as soon as possible to Maarten Sudmeijer email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you.